Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Return of Randolph

Just when you think that Kentucky may be in a chronic tailspin, the NCAA reverses its decision on Mr. Morris.

The reason for the reversal: a misplaced fax from Morris, lost by Tubby deep in the annals of his desk.

The letter addressed to ‘Orlando Smith’ simply says this: “First of all, I would like to thank you and your staff for the many opportunities and benefits afforded me this year. However, I would like to announce my intentions to 'test the waters' in the 2005 NBA draft. My intent is not to obtain an agent so as to maintain my collegiate eligibility.”

Three sentences and they probably saved Kentucky’s season.

Kentucky fans have to be asking themselves questions like, all that beating around the bush for this? Couldn’t we have taken care of this sooner? Can I organize Tubby’s desk for him?

Just be grateful Cat fans, you could have been stuck with Shagari Alleyne, Lukasz Obrzut and Jared Carter the whole season.

Morris will be eligible to return for the conference opener Jan. 10 against Vanderbilt.

No comments: