Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Eighth ACC Team?

No, I'm not talking about Florida State. I'm talking about NC State. They are currently up on Virginia Tech, a team they swept in the regular season. If they win, they get UNC in the final to possibly knock a bubble-dweller out.

In other news, I hate Illinois. I can't believe that this pathetic, no offense team will likely be in the tournament. Sure the defense is good, maybe bordering on top 10 in the nation. BUT THEY CAN'T HIT A SHOT!!! AT ALL!!! I can't watch this team or their game with Wisconsin, who is like them but whose offense is like Tennessee's compared to Illinois'. I would be thrilled tomorrow if the committee keeps both them and Air Force out. I'm afraid (not only for my wishes, but the tournament overall) that Illinois will still be in, however.

Kansas State and Purdue, meanwhile, while no one is confusing them with Top 4 seeds, I feel (and the committee should feel) did enough today to challenge elite teams to get in.

I promise to talk about teams that are actually going to be in the field for my next entry.

No comments: